Are you fed up with your annuity?
- “I don’t know how to get my money out.”
- “I don’t understand my contract.”
- “It’s my money! Why are they making me jump through so many hoops?”
- “They’re always trying to sell me another annuity.”
Just last week we had another exhausting encounter with an annuity company.
Our client asked us to help him take money out of his annuity contract and transfer it to his investment account.
Should be easy, right?
Nope. The annuity company messed up by giving out the wrong information and forms. They also made our client jump through more hoops. To top it off, they even tried to sell him an additional annuity!
My client was so frustrated; he was willing to pay the penalties to get all his money out.
Our client asked, “Why does it have to be so complicated? There has to be an easier way. How can someone do this on their own?”
So, who is going to help you?
Not the person who sold you the annuity in the first place…
Unfortunately, most annuity salesmen have great incentives to keep your money locked up or even sell you another contract. This protects the insurance company, not you.
Instead, consider a Fiduciary Advisor who can advocate for your best interest.
What will that process look like?
At Ambassador Wealth Management, we break it down into three steps.
- First, we get to know you, your objectives, and your concerns.
- Then, we decipher the annuity contact to determine the best course of action for your family.
If it’s best for you to leave your money in, that’s what we’ll recommend. If it’s best for you to take money out, we collaborate on a plan to get it out and examine other investment options.
- Finally, together we confront the annuity company. We know their lingo and the right questions to ask. We are with you, every step of the way, to help you regain control of your money.
Are you going to try to sell me some sort of contract?
Not us. We don’t sell annuities or illiquid products. We want our clients to be in control of their money.
Ambassador Wealth Management is an independent, fiduciary firm. Our goal is to remove conflicts of interest to better serve each of our clients.
If you feel frustrated and lost with your annuity, we would love to help you.