Are You Ready for Retirement?
Sadly, one of America’s hottest growth industries is retired families in bankruptcy.
How did we get here?
According to AARP, close to half of retirees still carry debt into retirement.
But how is that possible?
You worked so hard and saved so much.
The fact of the matter is, only 23% of Americans have a retirement plan. That means only 1 in 4 have some kind of roadmap for their retirement journey.
If you don’t want to be part of these statistics, here are 3 things you can do:
- First, get a strategic financial plan. Understand where you are going.
- Second, understand your budget. Be willing to take radical steps to adjust your lifestyle once you retire. The first 12 months of retirement are the hardest to adjust to. Preparing ahead of time can make this transition easier for you and your family.
- And third, admit that it is possible to run out of money. Think through every possibility.
- What if the market corrects?
- What if you or your spouse are diagnosed with an illness?
- What if your kids or grandkids need help paying for college?
So many variables can impact your retirement lifestyle.
You don’t have to settle for bankruptcy if you take action now.
It is time to invest in yourself and reap the rewards of your labor.
Request a free consultation.