Simple Checklist for Choosing to Work with a Fiduciary Advisor or a Suitable Salesperson
We work with our clients as a trusted fiduciary advisor.
Who are the clients we work with best?
Below we provide 2 sets of descriptions of clients who might work well with us – along with those that might be better served elsewhere.
Choose a Trusted Fiduciary Advisor if you care about these issues:
- You need help but don’t know what to do.
- You want someone to be there to give advice, implement, and make adjustments well after your first meeting.
- You value a relationship where the advisor cares about you first and foremost.
- You are willing to invest in a strategic relationship.
- You are open to having “heart to heart” conversations and making adjustments.
To be fair, there might be certain clients who might benefit from working with a broker held merely to a standard of product suitability. As mentioned before, such a relationship is more like working with a product salesperson.
Choose a Salesperson if these issues concern you most:
- You are confident you know the specific product you want to purchase.
- You know how to use the product and need no one else’s help.
- You see no need for further “service” beyond when you make a purchase.
- “Good deal” to you means lowest price, not a relationship of meaningful value.
- Not ready to make other serious changes to achieve your goals.