Client Newsletter 3Q18
Letter from the President:
Empowering You to Live with Purpose
Dear Ambassador Family,
We keep adding new ways to serve you.
Stuart just celebrated his first year with us. We brought him in to upgrade the management and trading of your investments. His mandate is to manage your money not just to seek return, but also to defend against higher market volatility which we anticipate going forward.
Please read the Investment Letter. It describes enhancements for you from the investment side. For instance, did you know we just saved many of you half a percent every year from now on?
In my April newsletter, I introduced the concept of a Family Barometer number. I want to explain more about this concept.
- What is it: A Family Barometer acts the same as a weather barometer. A weather barometer is an instrument that measures the changes in our atmosphere. We base much of our lives around this tool because of the information it gives us. In a similar way, your “Family Barometer” gauges your family’s overall financial health.
- How it works: Because this tool paints a picture of your entire financial situation, it helps us to understand where you are, where you want to be, and how to get there. By understanding as much as we can about you and your goals, we then can help you design the number you will need to improve your financial state. We want you to maintain or improve your lifestyle in retirement.
- Why use it: Much like receiving and implementing a treatment plan from your doctor, using your Family Barometer will drastically increase your odds for success. With an accurate diagnosis and the appropriate change in direction (or behavior), we can help you navigate to success, independence and fulfilling your dreams.
As most of you have probably heard and seen by now, we are steadily working on our new website to make it as user-friendly and informative as possible.
With the feedback I have heard from certain clients and professionals, I understand the need for more education and resources.
Our goal is to launch our content library for you to use and answer any questions you might have about our industry. Our team has been steadily working on developing content and designing the platform. We expect to launch it formally on October 1, 2018.
Once this platform goes live, we will notify you of new articles. We seek to have an interactive relationship with you through this resource center. I encourage each of you to read our articles and forward them on to your friends and family. Let us know of additional topics you want us to address.
The last update I want to mention is technology.
Our office has contacted most of you, asking you to sign up for our client portal and begin filling it out. This is one of our financial planning tools to enhance our strategic advice. By compiling all of your assets and financial accounts onto one platform, we can visually see how to help you achieve your goals. It is important for us to see the whole picture when discussing your financial plans and situations.
This portal serves two main functions:
- We can communicate seamlessly with you. You receive a variety of reports and newsletters, which you might find useful for your other professionals who assist you with tax planning. You can also share information with us in an environment more convenient and secure than Email or snail mail.
- We can strategically build comprehensive plans for your household’s finances. For those clients who want to maximize and utilize these planning services, we encourage you to link all assets and accounts to the portal. When you have questions and come in for a meeting, we can analyze tax strategies, estate planning strategies and charitable giving strategies, to name a few.
To see the full value of this resource, I want to point back to the Family Barometer. Once we are able to see your entire financial picture, we will be able to properly diagnose your situation and offer you proactive recommendations. Think of me as your financial doctor. On the other hand, if you were to keep vital information from me, I would never be able to set you up for the most successful outcomes.
Thank you for being a member of the Ambassador Family. We look forward to getting to know you better and help you live life with purpose.
President / Financial Planner